Most people know Arnold Schwarzenegger for his roles in action movies, and for being the governor of California. In addition, there are several other achievements that you should know about him, including:
– After completing his term as governor of California is 2011, he founded a non-governmental organisation called ‘R20 Regions of Climate Action’ to mitigate against environmental degradation.
– In 2012, he published his autobiography, entitled: ‘Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story’. The book chronicles his life experiences and beliefs.
– His name is in the Hollywood Walk of Fame, among celebrities who have made a mark in history.
– The University of Southern California named their institute of Southern California after him.
– According to reports from Celebrity Net Worth, Arnold Schwarzenegger has a net worth of close to 300 million US dollars.
Major Awards and Titles
Other than boasting notable achievements, Schwarzenegger has also claimed several awards, such as:
– In 1977, he received his first Golden Globe Award and was named the new male star of the year for his role in the film ‘Stay Hungry’.
– In 1993, he was given the title ‘International Star of the Decade’ by the National Association of Theatre owners for his roles in different films that topped the charts.
– He holds the Muhammad Ali humanitarian award for being active and philanthropic in charitable work.
– His role in the movie ‘Years of Living Dangerously’ earned him a title of Outstanding Documentary on non-fiction series.
– After he completed his term as governor of California, he went back to acting and starred in several movies, including ‘The Last Stand’ and ‘The Expendables’, among others.
His achievements have been marred by controversies, including an affair he admitted to with his housekeeper that led to the separation from his wife, Maria Shriver. He also admitted to have used steroids at some point in his life as a bodybuilder.